juiceeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVasquez

Beta member
Hi i have a problem with my hp 8430 laptop I recently let my freind borrow it and some how he spilt juice on the touch pad and part of the keyboard so i took the battery out and let it dry now the only way that it starts up is if i remove and reinstal the cmos backup battery but when i try to restart it again it freezes on the black screen where it says hp invent and the only way to start it again is to turn it off and remove and reinstall the cmos battery so if anyone can help me i would very much appreciate it.

1.check for any burnt marks on the motherboard
2.clean up the mess he made with a rag and try a different CMOS battery
3. Try unplugging the keyboard and starting her up, couple buttons might be still sticking in
4.kick his AS5 or tell him to get the motherboard replaced by a technician because it sounds fried if any Juice got on it.

I already cleaned it and changed the cmos battery but like i said it only starts up when i pull the battery and put it back in which i think is pretty wierd also i already tried disconnecting and reconecting the keyboard and all the keys seem to work fine i also placed the hardrive on my other hp nc8430 and it works fine.

not that i can see but if the motherboard was fried would the computer still be able to boot and function normally as long as i pull and reinstall the cmos battery everytime. and thanx for your help.

to me sounds like the BIOS gotten corrupt or failing , so you tried a different battery and it didnt work, so i would right now flash the BIOS or/and pull out the RAM to clear up the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom