It's Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yek

T.F's Resident Cool Guy...
Hey guys.
I have a old machine here, that appears to have died completley.
There is no light on the mobo, fans dont come on and nothing atall is happening.

The machine was woking fine until a few days ago.

I have a 145W PSU installed but no machine as of current to test it on.
I have switched the PSU out for a higher wattage and just recieved a loud high piteched squeek from the PSU itself.

Is there anything I can try?

Cheers.

Yeah, looks like i'll be picking up a P3 board shortly ;)

Cheers.

He switched it out for a newer one and it only gave a squeal. That is what leads me to think mobo not PSU.

From what I see from the OP is he tried another PSU he has no Idea if it is good or not, not to mention the "Test" PSU is making noise(Probably bad coils and transformer) You have to find a good PSU to rule out the PSU being the problem, he hasn't done that. Bench test the old PSU don't trust the noisey one. Remove the 20 pin ATX connector and short the green wire to any black wire if the PSU starts that doesn't rule out the PSU as being the problem it will how ever pinpoint the PSU as the problem if it will not start.

I'm actually with FlashDude on this one. Before you're sure it's the motherboard mate try another PSU that you're 100% is good.

Tkey is not a rookie at these things. I am sure that the 2nd PSU was a good working order PSU. This isnt his first build. I know that he has at least a dozen or more builds under his belt. He probably didnt mention these things cause, well he forgot or didnt think it was important to mention.

I don't disagree with you its just that this statement led me to believe the PSU he is trying is no good as well.
I have switched the PSU out for a higher wattage and just recieved a loud high piteched squeek from the PSU itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom