its on but not on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigy

In Runtime
ok, i have an oldish computer that worked well untill i skrewed up formatting it.

but anyways, months later, i now am trying to get it to work again. i plug everything in, and the moniter, a lamp, guitar amp, all turn on plugged into a ...line of sockets, except not the computer.

I open it up and check it out. plugged in, theres a smalll orange light on
on the Mobo. So somethings getting through, but whenever i press/hold the regular power button on the computer front nothing happens.

What are some potential problems and what could i do to fix them?

Thanks a lot. Its not a computer I'd spend much money to fix.

no, after i formatted it turned on but had other unrelated problems. so after i formatted it did work, and the last time i tried it it worked. but that was a month ago.

I'm guessing a coincedental power supply failure. Sure the little light is on the motherboard that might be all the PS is letting through...

The wiring from the power button in the front of the case may have becoome unconnected to the button. So when you press the button nothing actually happens happens. You would have to open up your comp to check to see if all the wires that go into the front f the case are connected. Have you tried pluuging it into another socket. Also flick the power switch off at the wall and turn it back on again and listen to see if the comp starts to turn on(fans spinning, lights etc) but then turns off suddenly and tell me what happens.

i checked the wiring already having to do with the light at the front. It is in a farily congested area; with the HD wires going in front of it, but as far as i can tell thats all fine.

The row of outlets its connected to doesnt have a switch. i think because it's old. also connected to it are my guitar amp; moniter, and lamp. they all work fine.

Im pretty sure the fans arent spinning.

Seems like a PSU problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom