Issues with Wireless Network Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywolf88

Beta member
I've been having an issue with my wireless network adapter. It's a D-Link WDA-2320 Wireless G Network Adapter. I've tried talking to their tech support but they've been no help at all (because apparently all their solutions only deal with signal strength being the problem....). So I figured I'd go to a forum for some help.

About a month ago I was using a D-Link DWL-520+ Wireless B Network Adapter for just regular gaming/internet needs. In between playing games like Left 4 Dead or WoW I had no issues at all. Same with going on websites such as youtube. Then just one day something happened, no clue on what exactly. I was getting extremely high latency and it was taking at least 3+ minutes to load simple websites such as the Facebook login page.

I just figured that the card I was using was getting old on me considering I've had it for at least 5 years. So I went out and bought a WDA-2320 Wireless G. Put the card in and installed the software. Despite having 65-75 signal strength my speed is still the same, incredibly slow. Even when I put my tower PC Tower next to the router at 100% signal strength it's still extremely slow.

No settings were changed for my router at all between perfectly fine connection to a complete joke. Connection is fine for my laptop which is just good for internet and running microsoft office for projects, far away from the router and close to it. Change in hardware didn't help at all.

Is it just that my computer is getting old? I've had it for at least 8+ years.

Edit: I also reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled programs to see if that would solve anything. No luck there either. Also hooked up an ethernet cable to my PC to fix the issue, my PC didn't even recognize there was anything new plugged in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom