RAM: 8gigs DDR3
Stock GPU: some crappy Nvidia 2gigs
let me know if more info is needed.

With it I purchased a:
GPU: RADEON R7770 Ultra OC edition 1GB DDR5
and
PSU: CX600M 600W
to run the card

All day I have had nothing but problems here. The people at the store said all parts are compatible etc.

At first I had no idea about windows 8 and secure boot so I turned that off and finally machine booted with the new card. No problems untill I installed drivers. On reboot the PC wont load video untill windows loads so im blind during BIOS boot and then when windows loads its starts flickering between no signal and signal with a a black screen. Nothing happens it does this forever. Im going crazy here. I put in stock card and it boots, and I remove all driver but still the same story when putting new card in. Have tried to troubleshoot this for hours, and I really need to get operational. I work from home and I dont know what to do anymore. Thanks in advanced for any insite. Ill provide what ever details are requested to help troubleshoot this. Thanks

First thing to do in any new GPU install is uninstall all video drivers and related software be it Nvidia or AMD. Next up run a program called driver sweeper to make sure these drivers are out.
Install your new card and boot into the bios to make sure the onboard video is disabled (it should do that automatically, but need to make sure).
Then download and install the latest AMD drivers that are NOT beta.

Back
Top Bottom