issues with new build :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
okay....first off. For some reason my acer monitor refuses to show anything till i'm past post and windows is showing. If i turn it on before that it just shows "no signal". Is there anyway to change it? I'm trying to put a new build together and I can't even get to bios because it won't show anything unless i turn it on after like 10 seconds. The manual even tells you to turn the monitor on before the computer...but it won't work that way :( any help with this?

The only suggestion I have for the monitor is to see if yo can predetermine the input prior to turning it on. With my new monitor I had to preset it or it would search for a signal and not come on until it found one about 15 sec into boot.

As for getting into bios, whatever the keystroke is to get in, F2 on my board, just start pressing it repeatedly right after you start the computer and you will get into bios even though you cannot see the screen. When the screen does come on you are already in bios.

The only suggestion I have for the monitor is to see if yo can predetermine the input prior to turning it on. With my new monitor I had to preset it or it would search for a signal and not come on until it found one about 15 sec into boot.

how do you do that?

as of now...i have an old CRT hooked up and loading windows now :( i'll see about doing whatever you do so it'll show automatically instead of waiting

It would be somewhere in your monitor menu. Just push the menu button on your monitor and muck around until you find it if it exists.

i got it working, thanks a lot :] i didn't have to do anything...just after i installed windows it started to actually show. weird...but oh well if it works it works :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom