Issues with my newly built computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB83

Beta member
Let me start by telling you about my system.

Antec Truepower 2 550
Athlon 64 3000+ 939
MSI K8N Neo4/SLI
OCZ Performance Dual 1GB pc3200
2x 80GB Hitachi SATA 3.0gb Raid 0
MSI NX6600GT PCI Express

Here's the problem, when installing windows it runs the formatting and installing fine but after the bluescreen install is done when it says it will restart the computer it freezes. I can hit the reset button on the tower and it will head into windows setup but after windows setup is done it does the same thing. I had it setup but it would lockup at random. For example one minute I would have 4 windows open on the screen all doing different things and the thing would run fine and another minute it would do something as simple as going into screen saver mode and it would lockup. Also the computer will not powerdown. Any help would be much appreciated. The thing is driving me crazy.

Your computer locks up at random times eh?

If its a new build, that rules out spyware/viruses.

Go into your BIOS and monitor your voltage for a few minutes. If 12V drops below 11 votes and 5V drops below 4, the problem is your PSU.

Try setting your screen saver to never come on and your computer to never hibernate, and let it idle, see if it still freezes.

I was using the screen saver thing as more of an example of the randomness of the freeze ups than anything else. It also has froze when downloading a file from the internet running windows update and scanning my computer for a virus etc.. I thought it was the power supply to but I monitored it and the 12V never dropped below 11.9 and the 5V was usually over 5 volts. I guess the part that is bothering me most is it's failure to restart or powerdown when shutdown or restarted through windows. The reason I don't think it is a software issue is because it happens after the computer finishes installing windows and goes to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom