Issues with Graphics

Labtec

Baseband Member
Hello,

I recently upgraded my Windows XP machine to Windows 8 due to my web design needs. Since installing Win8, it seems to have installed a different graphics card. I'm on a laptop so it's the standard built in Mobile Intel Accellerate series.

When I now try to play any online games, I get around 15-20 FPS whereas before I was getting around 60-100.

When I try to go into my graphics properties/settings, it has no tab to actually access the built in graphics program (where you change 3D, Performance) etc.

The new graphics adaptor which was installed when win8 was loaded is: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

Is there a way to possibly get my previous graphics card and it's settings? Like I said I did a basic upgrade to win8 and now I can't play any type of online game. If I play the game in a window, the FPS increases and is just about playable.

Can anyone please advise me on the steps to take to get this done?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Labtec.

The new graphics adaptor which was installed when win8 was loaded is: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Is there a way to possibly get my previous graphics card and it's settings? Like I said I did a basic upgrade to win8 and now I can't play any type of online game. If I play the game in a window, the FPS increases and is just about playable.

I'm sorry but lazy cheap *** Intel technicians won't be making anymore drivers for windows 8 version.
Microsoft will handle it, you could try to past drivers and see if if might help out.

https://getsatisfaction.com/bstk/to...indows_7_but_gets_graphics_error_on_windows_8

Thats the best way to fix your problem for now or use windows 7 pro. :)

Look at your link again, read what this user just said.
Honestly Do you think that will work ? :/
Intel has no plans to update their drivers, to me that seems like a bad game of russian roulette if he ever wants to game on it again with windows 8 by MS.

Look at your link again, read what this user just said.
Honestly Do you think that will work ? :/
Intel has no plans to update their drivers, to me that seems like a bad game of russian roulette if he ever wants to game on it again with windows 8 by MS.

Read my first link. They provided a list of afapter series they are supporting, which includes 4 series (4000 series IIRC).

The OP only stated thart he had a 4 series Intel GPU, so only going by the little info that was given, I gave my suggestions. If more detail is given, futher action can be performed from that point.

And sorry, but you're wrong on the assumption that Intel isn't supporting anything. In my first link, again, they state which adapters they are supporting and which ones they are not.

Read my first link. They provided a list of afapter series
And sorry, but you're wrong on the assumption that Intel isn't supporting anything. In my first link, again, they state which adapters they are supporting and which ones they are not.

Whatever makes you happy guy, I could really careless about the matter on MS or intel.
Just see to it that he can game with working drivers and not some cheap hashup by ms.
I have a bad feeling on this one and microsoft doesnt do to kindly with their own drivers.

Be seing you carnage. :)

Whatever makes you happy guy, I could really careless about the matter on MS or intel.
Just see to it that he can game with working drivers and not some cheap hashup by ms.
I have a bad feeling on this one and microsoft doesnt do to kindly with their own drivers.

Be seing you carnage. :)

Erm.. I honestly don't know what you're debating about with me. I agreed with you that intel isn't supporting some cards anymore. I provided links from Intel, not Microsoft...

Not sure why you're being defensive towards me as I'm trying to help out by posting relevant links directly from Intel's forums...

@OP: look into the 2nd link of the links I posted. The post by Sly on that forum may be of use to you.

Last edited:
I got my mother a windows 8 laptop for a steal, it had 2gb ram, but on the system it said 1.7gb max useable, maybe your low on ram

I got my mother a windows 8 laptop for a steal, it had 2gb ram, but on the system it said 1.7gb max useable, maybe your low on ram

It's most likely a driver issue as he said he wasn't having the issue on Windows 7. Especially considering his adapter is not officially supported under Windows 8.

Thank you all for your replies.

In regards to that second link and Sly's post, he's saying I need to basically rollback my graphics drivers to my original XP one? I uninstalled the driver the other day and restarted my computer and it just re-installed the one which Win8 gave me.

I notice in the link he provides that it is has links for Win7 drivers, obviously I would have thought I would need the XP ones?

It seems quite complicated just to allow me to play games and don't want anything to go wrong and mess up my computer.

Regards,

Labby

Back
Top Bottom