issue with pc power on on it own

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerm007

Solid State Member
hi i receive a pc from a friend and wondering what is the issue ...

i soon i plug the power on the back of the psu and switching on the cpu fan and light goes on without beeping... i check the psu and replace it with a brand new same issue

i have remove all card same issue, what else can i try ?
Thanks

What?

Turn on the CPU fan? That is normally turned on by the motherboard when powered on.

A light from where? There is always a light on your motherboard. It signifies that you have a power connection.

Removed what cards?

well

i mean when i plug the power on the back of the psu and put the switch to on the cpu fan turn and the green light on the mobo get on green but noting else no beep etc....

i have remove everything from the pc same issue no beep ... i have clear the cmos same issue

Just to clarify one thing. Are you saying that the computer boots up as soon as you plug in the PSU and flip the switch on it? And your concern is that you don't hear the POST beep?

no post no video nothing .... no beep it will at l;ease beep when no video or ram ???
no

also when i try to close it by holding the power on the front it never stop

Thanks

I bet you the power cable and other front case buttons are mxed up. Open the side, and ewnsure the cables are plugged in right to start with. Then we'll get to the next issues.

i check the front panel connector to the board and they are well connected

i also test another mobo with the ram and the same cpu and brand new psu and it does boot i got a asus p5k-e mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom