Isatap - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to aeroplane22
Default Isatap

About a few days ago, I had uninstalled Comodo Firewall and AVG and restarted my computer. I had no internet after I rebooted.

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

In device manager, my two built-in NICs are said to have no drivers installed, along with the ISATAP Adapter which reads the same. 'Code 31' Driver issue.

I've tried disabling and uninstalling, then reinstalling my NIC drivers from the manufacturer's website, to no success. It's a really strange error, Microsoft says they are aware of the issue and the response is that you can simply ignore the ISATAP error. Well, I can't exactly ignore the fact that I have no internet.

One other solution I can think of is to load up my Vista disc and 'Repair' the windows installation, but I don't have the disc right now and am in the process of ordering a new disc.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Isatap

Vista doesnt have the option for "repair". So that option is out. Remove the drivers from teh device manager and restart. See if Windows Vista will reinstall them. Or use this PC you are using to ask and answer question and download the latest drivers from the PC manufacturer's website and transfer them via USB Thumb drive or something like that to the other PC and install them.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 11-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

It's most likely Comodo's fault. Check out the Comodo Firewall forum for a possible solution.

Comodo Firewall
Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to aeroplane22

Yes, it seems to me that Comodo is most likely the issue. I'll have to check with that after I fix my other problem I have posted.

'Post Code Party'
Closed Thread