Irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you sure that the google result that I posted was of no help? There are hundreds of solutions to the same problem that you are having. I know that one of them will help you because they helped others with you same problem. Please review them--one of them will point you in the right direction.

Hi,Kfc! I did check those links and I said it didn't help because those people had similar errors but due to different causes, you know what I mean? After reading them let me tell you that most of them had installed some hardware or software or done something to the PC and that's not my case. I'm trying to find somebody with the same problem, same conditions not just the same error. Besides, some of those cases had the exact same error (irql_...) but at the bottom of the screen they had a file name or more information...I don't have none of that, you know what I mean? Thank you for your help. Anyone with this same situation or other suggestions??? THANKS!!!

Try going into run > msconfig and disable everything that you don't need to start the computer up. (services)

Then recheck each one until you find the one that is causing the problem.

Hi,Turtile! Thanks for the response. I've read that solution somewhere but I didn't try it because this blue screen error (supposedly) points to a bad driver or some software. That solution would solve the issue if it's a malfunctioning software, am I right? Please, correct me if I'm wrong. What if it's a driver issue, how do isolate the problematic driver if the error doesn't say ?? I've run this utility that comes built-in in Windows XP: verifier.exe which is supposed to test unsigned drivers in your PC every time the computer boots but it didn't detect any issue...which could mean nothing, as you might imagine. I mean, it could be a signed driver that's creating conflict,right? Do you (or anyone reading) have any knowledge about this method??? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!

Run memtest and check the CPU temperature. I'll bet you it's a bad stick of memory, though. I have had this problem before myself and also on many other systems and it is 80% of the time
a bad stick of ram...although CPU cooling may be an issue. Just for the heck of it I would pull the CPU heatsink and fan and clean the surface of the CPU and apply new themal paste.

Thanks for responding! Actually, Rico, my neighbor told me that the two RAM sticks he has are new. I know that they could be defective or one of them could've just failed recently, but I'm just saying that they're brand new. I have to try to run memtest anyway and I'll check CPU too. Thanks! Any other solutions in case that doesn't work????? THANK YOU!!!!

Just FYI, I bought two brand new 1gb sticks and neither one of them worked. Turns out they got damaged in shipping or something like that. So you may want to run the mem test just to be sure.

FYI again... Same happened to me recently (well, 6 months ago).. 2x512 Corsair Value Select - Both DOA.

Also happened just last week with my friends brand new 7600GS from PCWorld - DOA, he had to call me from the shop to get me to come over and explain to the "Technical Sales Assistant" that if it didn't work in two systems that worked with another card, it was probably the 7600 at fault... He got it, eventually...

So, yeah, things sometimes are dead on arrival, or sometimes they die ten minutes after you install them...

Thank you, KFC and Bodge! I'll do that. What about that fix about disabling Services and try one by one? Do you guys agree on that? Any other alternative? Thank you for your ideas and that valuable help!

Like I said at the very first Ram. Almost every time I get this error is a bad Ram stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom