ipod nano 1gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I bought an ipod nano 1gb online as is. Anyway the screen is messed up and it won't turn on. I know I have to replace the screen but do I have to replace the motherboard or battery too? The battery won't get hot at all when being charged so I think that I need a new battery and if it still don't work I need a motherboard for it.

Anyway correct me if I am wrong. I am just starting to teach myself about the insides of ipods.

I know where to get the parts but I don't want to end up with more parts then I should. I don't want to buy another battery if its not the battery.

the screen doesnt turn on? well, cant say ive ever heard of that problem. you probably need to replace the motherboard, screen, battery, charger, earphones, audio jack, charger slot, and whatever computer youve connected it to (including mouse, keyboard, monitor and any other computer on the network)

or

does "google is your friend" mean anything to you?

someone could have messed with the firmware, resulting in the screen not working, or resulting in bricking the ipod.

number one I did use google and didn't find much and number 2 AMDSCOrPiO LEARN TO SPELL. just kidding but bricking?

To reset ipods Nanos/Video You need to:
1. Turn on hold then turn it off.
2. Press the Menu while pressing on the middle circle , keep on pressing till you get a black screen.

Best solution with a iPod is normally to put it on a work bench an find a 14lb lump hammer an swing away...

But seriously if you buy a new screen it tells you how to swap it one kit of 5 screens I saw a while back came with a DVD on how to do it. Must have been for a repair shop or something.

I bought an ipod nano 1gb online as is. Anyway the screen is messed up and it won't turn on. I know I have to replace the screen but do I have to replace the motherboard or battery too? The battery won't get hot at all when being charged so I think that I need a new battery and if it still don't work I need a motherboard for it.

Anyway correct me if I am wrong. I am just starting to teach myself about the insides of ipods.

I know where to get the parts but I don't want to end up with more parts then I should. I don't want to buy another battery if its not the battery.

sounds like a tasty lemon ,mmmmmmsukermmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom