Introduction + I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,
my name is Droid, I'm 14 from the USA, California to be exact. I'm quite computer savvy as well.

I have a question, and I really need help on this. :(

I'm looking at my computer temps with Speccy, my CPU is staying down at < 40 and so is the motherboard, but my graphics card is at 73 Celcius (And I'm just on this site!).
When I play very low detail games such as MINECRAFT it goes up to 90! This is so abnormal...What is going on?

My G-Card is a: H233H (1920x1080@60Hz) 512MB GeForce 8400 GS (PNY)

Can someone help me out? :/

I dunno what heatsink is....well I know what it is but not sure how to correct that, and idk how to make the fan work properly. Fan is just the onboard, and heatsink I'm guessing is just the onboard...

Well when I opened it up earlier to let it cool itself down (after being at 90), I didn't see anything detached from the card, and feeling the side of the case I can feel the fan moving...

Hehe well, this is embarassing. I've never cleaned my case. Ever. I'll need to go and purchase some canned air, and what do I do with it? (I'm guessing just spray it all over, or is there some special procedure?)
Never overclocked the card. Don't plan to until I can build my own PC.

(Might it be good to mention this is just a 500 dollar build from BestBuy?)

Yes you really need to clean the case then. Use the canned air to blow out the dust from areas it accumulates (In your case, they might be everywhere) but mainly fans and heatsinks. The goal is to blow the dust out of the case. I personally used a vacuum to suck up dust that comes loose but its really advised not to do that by other members of the forum.

Too much dust on a card is the equivalent of wrapping it in aluminum foil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom