Internet Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonAndrewRelva

Beta member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a serious problem with my computer and I've tried everything to fix it. Ive disabled my firewall, ive reset the bios, ive reset the router, ive done all of those little things but nothing works. My problem is that I cant connect to AOL IM or Xbox Live for Windows but i can surf the internet with inernet explorer. I know its not the servers because they work on my xbox and on my other computer. When i go to the xbl for windows network settings it says "Internet IP address not signed in" and "UpNP not signed in". I can surf the internet just fine but games and aol dont work which is very very annoying and almost turns my computer into a very expensive browser.....

Have you got UnPNP disabled on your network? as from a little googleing others have had your problem and enabling UNPNP was the fix.

Yes. it is enabled under my router settings. This all started yesterday after i was fiddling around but I switched everything back to exactly the way it was. I was in the bios messing with the CPU multiplier but like i said i reset it, i even took the battery out to make sure.

I read somewhere that the dual core optimizer might fix it but it didnt help any. :( does anyone know if i can call microsoft for help?

i just reinstalled windows vista and its still doing the same thing. im going to bash this computer soon. that will fix it for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom