Internet Problem in Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

neBo503

Baseband Member
My Domain controller has net but no other machine does on my network. Can anyone help me figure out why?!

2003 Server is DC, just a small 150 seat call center and no net works out there.

You need to provide us more information. Is your DC configured as a DHCP server and DNS? Are these computer connected to a switch to the router or switch to the server NIC? Where is the server located on the LAN? Are the client recieving DHCP and DNS information when you do ipconfig /all

DC is configured as DHCP server and DNS.

Computers are connected threw switch and a router, not directly into DC NiC

Clients are recieving DHCP and DNS information.

I am able to ping google from client workstations, just not get out threw IE or Firefox.

If the client are pointing to the server as the prefered DNS then is the server DNS configured to forward DNS query to the ISP DNS server right?

I am a n00b... not gonna act like I know what that means.

I know what you are saying... but I do not know where to look on my DNS server to verify that it is forwarding DNS query to my ISP.

My boss was tellin me its something with Proxy possibly? But I am not a linux guy and our linux guy is not here today lol

If you have a proxy server setup then I'm starting to think that might be the issue. Because you told me you can ping www.google.com on the client and get a reply which verify that you can resolve the name to IP address which means DNS is working correctly and the network is functioning.

Check the client IE internet option-connection tabs-LAN setting button, to see what the setup looks like.

Awesome so I should call my linux guy and tell him get the **** in here lol!!

Quick question tho... why would my proxy server just start acting funny? Does that happen? Nothing was changed that I know of... we did fire our Sys Admin last week... I think he is messing with us but my boss says no

You know when I troubleshoot network issue always have the OSI model in my head. In your situation you have verify you can ping www.google.com on the clients and get a reply so that's good. The proxy server work at the application layer, so if your having trouble with the browsers it's most likely the proxy! If the client needs to go through it.

Check your Browser proxy setting! in IE it's in the internet option/connection tab/lan setting button

In FireFox it's in option/general/connection setting button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom