Internal turned External hard drive - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2005, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to mechmoderadicat Send a message via Yahoo to mechmoderadicat
Question Internal turned External hard drive

Well heres the deal, I have a WD200JB internal hard drive that I've recently put into an external case to run. The problem is i've only been able to register it for 31GB when its supposed to be 200GB, I'm running XP I've got the newest SP and updates all around, even when i use the Data Lifeguard that came with the hard drive it doesn't pick up on it being more then 31GB. What's the deal on that? Thats about all I can say for now i'm quiet bewildered on what to do, I know computers all around but i'm just new to the external hard drive scene.
Any Help Thanks.
Closed Thread