Internal network card no longer works

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipbritain

Beta member
Hi,

My computer (ASUS CM5675 desktop) was acting perfectly until I decided to install Ubuntu. After installation I noticed that when I booted to Windows 7 that the "disconected network cable" icon popped up. I checked the Device Manager to see if the card is enabled (which it is) and to see if Windows thinks its functioning properly (which it does). I tried using different cables, plugging directly into the modem, disabeling and reenabeling the card, unistalling the driver then reinstalling, and even completly reformatiing the entire harddrive to start fresh but still have the same problem. Also, to further prove that something is wrong, the network status light on my switch will blink for which ever port I plug the desktop into, whereas everything else (modem, laptop, xbox 360) gives a solid status light (indicating everything is ok).

Is there anything I can do, or is stock internal network card (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) toast?

Honestly if you really went through all that troubleshooting there are 2 options.

Re seat the card. Physically take it out, boot, shutdown, (don't have to but sometimes it oddly helps) and plug it in again.

If that didnt work something is indeed broken either the card or possibly the Pci slot. You can always try the card in another slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom