Internal HDD Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCloudyVision

Beta member
I first installed my storage HDD without a hitch and it ran flawlessly for a week or so. Then out of nowhere I tried to access it and the system locked up and upon a reboot scan disk said it had errors which it "fixed"and the drive remained unusable until i made storage HDD drive primary master and acted like I was installing XP from DOS because the first thing it does is a format. All other programs I tried refused to format it. After format it ran good for a few days and now I have extreme lag again (long enough to want to hit it with a hammer)whenever i try to run anything off of it. Diagnostics all come back "Drive is working and useable". Windows recognizes it and shows me its contents I just cant run anything of of it. I can however usually cut/copy and paste contents to my system HDD. Any ideas why its locking up?

System specs: XP Pro SP1 (SP2 sucks!)
AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.8 GHz
512 MB RAM DDR
128MB ATI Radeon 9600SE
System HDD: Western Digital 60Gig NTFS
Storage HDD: 160 Gig SeaGate NTFS
MOBO: Soyo K7VME with VIA Chipset
and yes all the drivers are up to date according to the manufacturers' Web Sites
Thank in Advance!

download and run powermax from HERE

see what results you get.

Unfortunately your best option may be to get whatever you can off the drive, then get a new one. Maybe you can return it from where you got it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom