Intermittent power problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TowaruTsura

Solid State Member
A friend of mine just got a new computer, and is having a problem where his computer loses power and of course shuts off at random intervals. Of course, I first blame it on the power supply, but it's brand new and he says it's 1000 watts. I'm not going to pretend to know if that's good or not, but his computer is a really high end gaming desktop. Is the power supply the problem like I think?

1000watts is a lot, although it's not so much about watts but amps, the power supply might be bad..but more likely he may have a short somewhere that is contacting at irregular intervals causing the pc to shutdown. I once had a screw that got away from me, and if the case moved even a little bit it would short and shut down the PC...took me a few tries to find it haha it had managed to work it's way behind the motherboard.

Have you rechecked all of the wires going into the psu. Sometimes one can get loose and you can kick it and shut it off. Or you can have a daughter like mine who loves to press the pretty light on the power strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom