Intel Rapid Start Technology

JohnHartz

Beta member
Hello, I am new on these forums. I am not completely computer literate, but I understand a decent amount to get me by. I came here specifically because I had some trouble with a re-format that was done one my hard drive. I had a friend (Who I thought knew what he was doing) reformat my hard drive. Well, unfortunately for me he did not and did a quick format with my hard drive plugged into another computer via USB, and it completely screwed my hard drive. So I did whatever and got my computer to recognize it once again made a new volume ect. Once that all happened I found that I am having some trouble as far as re-installing Intel Rapid Start Technology. My computer has a 32Gb SSD in it specifically for a caching process that I believe is used to make the boot up go so fast. My problem that I have come into is that the directions that dell gave me to put rapid start technology back on my computer is not possible for me to follow. I have a SATA AHCI hard drive that I dont think I can set to RAID mode and I cant get into the acceleration tab on the intel rapid storage technology mangment; simply because It does not exist for some reason.....If you need any further detail I will be more than happy to provide them to you... All I need is to know how to get my computer to boot up like it did when I bought it. I have a dell 17R SE

Back
Top Bottom