Intel Quad Core Q9400 Too HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilds94

Beta member
I'm new to these forums, but thanks in advance for any advice.

So, i've had my computer for roughly 2 years now, and haven't had too many problems with it. But one thing that has come up recently is my computer will randomly turn off, and stay off. I can't power it back on without taking the powerplug out, waiting 10 minutes, putting it back in, and starting a few moments after that. And even then, when i try to use my computer, it will run ok, but freeze up a lot, and slow down. Then anywhere between 10 minutes and 3 days after, my computer will turn off again, and i'll have to redo the whole thing. Sometimes i have to do it multiple times for it to stay on for a decent amount of time.

I've noticed now that my CPU is running at roughly 60-75C on a medium load.
Is this too hot? I've taken the Heat Sink out, cleaned it and all that. But still nothing.

Is there anything i can do to try and cool it down?

When you cleaned the heat sink, did you put new thermal paste on? I'd start with that. Put a dab on the center of the processor and let the heat sink spread it out, otherwise you'll create air bubbles and that'll for sure burn up the processor.

Under a medium load I would say that's too high. Mine sits at around 60 under a full load (half an hour of Bad Company 2)
I can't explain what else is happening, though.

What computer case do you have, How many fans? Also what heatsink is it? please don't tell me it's the reference intel one....

We need to know what thermal paste your using and if you applied a new one also.

Welcome to tech-forums. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom