Intel HD Graphics Family Video Card Problem - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Intel HD Graphics Family Video Card Problem

Better right? So, all those temps that are in the 40's for the core temp, the highest I have ever seen them go in in the low 50's. Hope this helps and works. Thanks!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Have you updated your drivers?

Old 12-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Yea, I mean I know there is Driver Agent and everything, I haven't sued that yet, but I'm pretty certain there are no available driver updates because there aren't any on Dell's driver page and also there aren't any when I try to update automatically through Windows. Thanks.

Ok, so, at first Intel's website told me my driver was up to date. But then I poked around a little further and there is supposedly a newer driver than the one I have. I am currently downloading it and really hoping it helps.

Ok, nevermind, not a single one worked for me. I'm still poking around online to see if I can find anything. No luck so far.

I've tried an untold number of various driver updates, and even some downgrades, just to see if that would work, and nothing has. They all tell me it is not the appropriate driver for my computer, even though it is. Then, I found a message on the Intel driver site that said "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer."

Am I doomed? Do I have to wait and hope Dell releases drivers for me? Is there anything I can do? Anyone else share in this experience? Thanks so much everyone!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lord Techie

@ jkn1986, please don't double and triple post. If you have something else to add to the conversation and no one else has made a reply since your last post (within a 24 hour period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add your comments to your previous post.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Sorry to bump, just curious if anyone had anything to add? Anyone have any ideas or opinions? Thanks.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

"If you book them, they will come."

If we have anything to add, we'll add it. I can not think of anything else to help you. Other people may be stumped as well.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to check. I might contact Dell about it and hope a new driver fixes it eventually.

Also, while I have your ears', is it the norm for Dell not to send a recovery disk anymore for Win 7? I thought that was a bit weird, but I wasn't sure if it was something new. Thanks again.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

They normally have a hidden recovery partition nowadays.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Thanks, appreciated!

Finally, I was able to download a newer driver on Dell.com. I'll have to wait and see if the spazzy screen ever comes back. Hopefully not. Thanks for all your help. Have a great night!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I'm having same problem with my Dell 1564 with integrated Intel HD Graphics. Did the driver download fix the problem?

Closed Thread