Intel E8400 Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
Alright, so I just built my computer, everything is working fine. I powered it up for the first time, and went into BIOS just to check the temps. After leaving it idle for about 20-30 minutes, the CPU temp was up around 45C and the MB was around 30C. Does this seem a bit warm for the CPU? Or possibly an inaccurate reading from a non-updated BIOS?

Thanks.

For the stock cooler that isn't that much higher than it should be. If you used the pad on the stock cooler without using aftermarket paste those temps are exactly right.

Aftermarket cooler they are high and you should reseat your heatsink. What's the ambient temperature?

I didn't use any aftermarket paste and as you said, I just used the pad that was already on the stock cooler. So basically I should be ok? If I do overclock, I will upgrade to an aftermarket cooler, but as this point, I don't plan on overclocking. The ambient temperature is around 21C right now..It's the winter time, so we keep the house at around this temp.

They aren't high for a stock cooler with the terrible stock pads stalin. Everything is good for now. If you don't plan to overclock you can keep it the way you have it now. Once you do plan to I suggest at least using some aftermarket paste.

well yea there not high but after some intel burn test and a crappy intel hsf even if left stock i think it would at least get above 60

Alright, thanks for all the responses guys. I'll leave it as is for now. If I do ever OC, I will most likely upgrade to a better cooler/paste.

Also, do I have to adjust the CPU voltage in BIOS, Baez?

What is your voltage running at right now? Download and run CPU-Z. It will tell you on the first page in there. It will be called V-Core if you don't know already. Anything 1.25v or lower is fine. Otherwise you can lower it to 1.2v without worry. Should lower your temp a couple degrees.

I'm actually not on the new build right now..I haven't gotten Vista in the mail yet..But can I check/adjust the voltage in BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom