Intel DP35DP MB memory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagekitsune

Baseband Member
so i buy this board because it was recommended to me and with it a core 2 duo CPU and 2 gigs of ram (dual channel). my problem is that in about 3-4 days my system goes all crazy rebooting and giving me BSOD, naturally i take it back to where i bought it (micro center) and they test it rather than exchange it and tell me there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

so i go back home and notice that they have put the memory in different seats and i put it back into my case and viola it works again. BUT again in 3-4 days it does exactly the same thing and i think its memory so i buy some different sticks and pop them in and it works again. but again in 3-4 days it happens again!

right now im getting frustrated about it so i remember the seating and i switch them to the other seats and it works again, but once again in 3-4 days it does it again so right now im just re-seating them into the different slots every time it does it. so im hoping someone can help me and tell me what to do. Micro center wont exchange it now that im over my return policy and all they do is test it and tell me there's nothing wrong with it. any help would greatly be appreciated.

Hello,

It sounds like you got cheap RAM. Did yo uget a bargin value RAM or something decent that is tried and tested?

Cheers,
Mak

its a mushkin brand memory. first i had kingston value ram then went with the mushkin brand. if you beleive that its still cheap then i will try something different.

Hello,

Sorry i am not the RAM expert. I am the Windows geek. ;)

I am sure one of our hardware guys will be around to help solve this. But until then can you try just 1 stick of RAM and see how it performs? It might be that the RAM doesnt want to perform ni Dual Channel mode.

Cheers,
Mak

What are your temperatures like at the time of the crashing. The BSOD messages will help too. System specs will be helpful.

unfortunately there isn't any BSOD it just reboots then never posts and reboots again every 10 sec. after that i change seating and its back to normal for another 3-4 days which really puzzles me why it works that way. Temperatures are normal at 44C 0-25% load never peaking over 55c at 100% load. using Core Temp 0.99.3 program to record logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom