Intel or AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically intel p4 chips suck vs AMD64 chips but the new intel Core 2 duo chips majorly own everything on pure performance and price/performance.

so to answer your question get an intel Conroe chip, if you cant afford that get a intel allendale chip, if you can afford that then try very hard to afford it, if you still cant afford it then cry and get ripped off buying a slighty cheaper AMD x2 system

p.s. you posted in the wrong forum

Yea I'd go for the Intel Core 2 Duo chips, because they're the best out there right now.

"A new born n00blet..."

junglemike said:
You killed me man.....
This question is so old, and beaten to death.
Take a look at this big intel vs amd thread
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34691
Yes, you are right. There are AT LEAST one of these threads every two days. Jesus Christ. This subject has been beaten soo far into h311, that Satan doesn't even know it's there!! :confused:

... Via Tech S3 or the Cyrix C4 for me. :cool:

Give the guy a break, he's a newbie!

Check the AMD/Intel thread for more information.

Since I'm an Intel fanboy, I recommend Intel for any computer.

i am currently building a system with a Core 2 duo they are the best processors on the market right now.

ok once again people are looking in two dimensions. saying Athlon 64>P4 is not entirely true. a 3.6ghz P4 is better than an Athlon 3000+, however the value for money is very poor. the same applies with Core 2, you can't just say it's better because it is relative to the models you are talking about. though the difference between Core 2 and K8 is quite significant and the e6600 upwards eclipses all AMD models.

in order for us to get past the bigotry we'll need to know exactly what you are looking at buying/spending :)

Intel is ahead of the game currently In price and stability..The older amd chips have more processing power in Games than their Intel Counterpart But draw more power/not quite as stable..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom