Integrated Wireless problem on Asus P5E3 Deluxe WiFi AP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Integrated Wireless problem on Asus P5E3 Deluxe WiFi AP

Hey all,

I'm running into a problem with my mobo. The integrated wireless card seems to have vanished from existence, software-wise, taking with it the Asus Express Gate functionality.

I'm using the Asus P5E3 Deluxe WiFi AP @n board, which uses an embedded linux environment to run basic apps immediately after power on.

This afternoon, while I was surfing the net, my internet suddenly gave out. I was given a "little to no connectivity" error, which I could not fix using Vista. I attempted to reboot the computer, and a second problem became evident: the Express Gate splashscreen did not show. The POST was fine, though, so I let the computer boot into Windows.

When I logged in, the computer did not connect to the internet. Hoping it was a case of Windows Wireless Service not starting on its own, as sometimes happens, I tried to use Diagnose and Repair. No luck. I looked at the list of adapters, and saw that my wireless adapter was missing from the list. At this point, I rebooted and went into Bios. That is when I saw that both the option for wireless onboard had vanished from the list of onboard systems, and the options relating to Express Gate had vanished from the tools section.

I used another computer to get a bios update, then used Asus's bios updater to update. No success. After the install, the options did not reappear. I used Load Factory Defaults, as the Asus site recommends, but still no change.

I also have Ubuntu as a dual-boot, which has never recognized the card, so it didn't help much...

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

-Liam Gregory

Full System Specs
Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi AP @n
Intel QX9650 Core 2 Extreme @ 3.00GHz
2GB DDR3 1333
nVidia 8800GTS 640mb
2x 500gb Seagate HDs 7200rpm
Windows Vista Ultimate + Ubuntu
Closed Thread