integrated video problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default integrated video problems

Ok, so i had to get a new mobo/cpu cause my old one like died. I got a ECS p4m800-m7 w/ a P4 630. Yeah, i know its an ecs but i got it for a good deal.

Heres my problem, I dont want inegrated video. I have a agp ati 9600pro but my problem is that its not working right. i put it in the port and the fan on the card spins but it sends out no signal. I went through the bios and its not telling me anything, its not helping at all. the manual says that it should just work, but is not working...

anybody got any ideas?

Old 12-29-2005, 02:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Have you tried clearing out the BIOS first? (usually there should be a jumper that allows for the reset - check the manual). Also, if there's an option in the BIOS setup, change the graphics detection priority to "AGP/onboard" if it isn't set to that already.

Also be sure to check for any compatibility issues with that particular graphics card (usually that stuff can be found on your motherboard manufacturer's web site).

I judge you when you use poor grammar.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
Have you tried clearing out the BIOS first? (usually there should be a jumper that allows for the reset - check the manual). Also, if there's an option in the BIOS setup, change the graphics detection priority to "AGP/onboard" if it isn't set to that already.

Also be sure to check for any compatibility issues with that particular graphics card (usually that stuff can be found on your motherboard manufacturer's web site).
There isnt a jumper, and theres no like priority for which one, it says as long as its in it'll work, but its not working. my video card is compatible w/ the mobo
Old 12-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Your manual should have a section about your 'BIOS settings".
Most mobos have a terminal(3pins) with a small jumper for 'clearing the Cmos/Bios'. The small terminal should be near the battery......... I think it can be seen in the photo in the ECS link....... should also be in the manual.
If you have it....... read instructions about 'clearing/reseting
Cmos/Bios before you do it.........

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Product...=Specification
John
Old 12-29-2005, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

You need to enter the bios and disable the onboard video...simple as that. There should be a section in your bios that is called "intergrated peripherals" and find the intergreated video setting and disable it. Now when you save the Bios and reboot your should boot to the AGP slot.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

Rico....
Martin did mention that. That should definitely work, if the info was 'Saved'.

Best wishes....
John...
Old 12-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well i figured out whats wrong, its my video card, not the mobo. i tried it w/ another i have and it worked! thanks for the help though!

Closed Thread