Integrated graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
trust me you won't damage your motherboard i've touched and looked at my motherboard many times and my motherboard is still ok. the battery is usually located on the motherboard and it is one of those round CR2025 batteries.

could you direct me to a link of what mine would look like.
And when i take it off and putt it back in...should i have my gfx card removed after or before?

You've not damaged anything, don't worry. The battery will look something like this:
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/dyn...gi_html/figures/1100.cmos.battery.replace.gif

It's generally located at the very bottom of the motherboard beneath all of the pci slots, at the bottom of the case.
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/13-128-045-04.jpg

Do you see the coin-shaped battery just to the right of the blue pci-e slot? That's what it looks like and it's usually located there or to the right of the normal pci slots.
Pop it out, wait 30 seconds, and put it back in. That should change all of your BIOS settings back to their factory defaults and ought to be the end of your problem.

I FOUND IT, it was placed vertically. I took it out put it back in and restarted with the plug on the mobo port....still didnt work. I tried the gfx card and it workd. it said that that cmos damaged and asked me to reset it. But yeah...still no results. This is really messed up, im confused.

Asking you to reset it is normal. Very odd that the integrated graphics still aren't working. It's possible your integrated gpu has burned out or died, then. Not a huge deal, you can RMA it if it's covered by warranty otherwise you can use a stock graphics card until you buy your new one. It's rare for such a thing to happen but I'm unable to blame this issue on anything else. It's not something you would have caused yourself, rest assured.

I left it out for lik a minute. Everything did reset...my clock went back to 2001, i thought that was wierd. But nevertheless i still had to use my gfx card for display.And i thought about it being damaged but i use to use it before my gfx card...o well, this is really a wierd problem. I have switched back and forth before but I guess rare problems always happens.
I am gonna buy a gfx for temp now...but someone mentioned to me to buy a cheap pci card....i though for graphics only pci e works.
The only local stores close to me are BB, CC, Microcenter.
So the cheapest gfx card i need to buy today...any suggestions please.

As I mentioned earlier I need to get one today. So I've been looking at stores nearby my house and this is the cheapest I found with the most decent reviews. I found this in Circuit City and here it is on Newegg.

Newegg.com - EVGA 128-P1-N309-LX GeForce FX5200 128MB 64-bit DDR PCI Video Card - Retail
As long as I will be able to view the computer and see everything with smooth movement.
I will be returning for sure after I get my 7900GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom