Instantaneous Monitor Failure... help needed please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojan_V

Beta member
Dear all,

First post here, although I have been lurking quite a bit. I'm having a issue at the moment that I can't google the solution for, so I thought I'd inquire it of you guys.

Currently I was running 2 monitors, a 19" Samsung 913N Syncmaster (connected through VGA) and an old 15" no-brand LCD through the digital out on my NVIDIA graphics card via a VGA converter. The 19" is at 1280x1024 and the 15" at 1024x768. I also run Vista.

The computer was on, and suddenly (I assume it was sudden though I wasn't there at the time) the 19" monitor went blank and came on with a display "Not optimum display, recommended settings 1280x1024, 60Hz" moving around the screen. The right hand monitor still works fine.

I've tried everything I can think of, rolling back the drivers for the monitor and the video card, even went to the dark places of system restore, and tried plugging the monitor into a friends laptop. The computer can always figure out the monitor is there, but I can't seem to find a resolution or refresh rate that gets it to display anything. It's just over 2 years old (the monitor) and the computer is around 15 months.

I'd really appreciate any help if you lovely people know of anything that might help me save my nice monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom