Instant shutdowns while gaming??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja_81

Beta member
Hey all!, nice to be here !!

My new computer has been working fine for about 5 months, but about 1 month ago a bought a new graphic card: "powercolor radeon x850xt". Then the problem started.

While playing games like "silent hunter 3, TES: oblivion, neverwinter nights, dunegoun siege 2, my screen goes black for about 0,5-1 sec, then everything is normal for a few minutes. Then ,randomly it seems, the same thing happens again until the computer instantly shuts down itself. NO warnings, nothing!, just WHAM!! ;(.

this behaviour is really agressive in some games while in other games i can play for 1-2 hours before the problem hits me.

Allmost all of the times it happens whilst playing games, Only once has it happend while i was surfing the web in windows.

My graphic card has its own power connector, it needs power direktly from the PSU. It has a very large cooling system on it and lokks to me like it wants ALLOT of juice from my PSU ;).

i read on the internet that it could be a Power problem?, my computer and monitor and sound system are all connected to a old extension cord

here are some of my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional sp2
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Graph card: RADEON X850 XT
Motherboard: asus a8n-e
Sound Device: Sound Blaster Audigy
HD: 250gig
+5v-35a
+12v-25a
dc output max 520w
----------------------------------------------

hmmm...thats everything i think ;)

I put the graphic card trough a "futuremark 06" test and there was no problem.

the system temperature is normal in all areas. (Graphic card and CPU)

i use the "ATI tool" to determine the graphic card temp and "asus proble" to determine cpu temp

If there is anyone out there who knows anything i would be vera thankful for som help.

cheers!!;)

//Magnus

Yep only thing missing in your specs is the Power supply, When they say it could be a power supply problem they don't mean in your house or cords and power bars they mean the Power supply. Are you using the power supply that came with your case? an x850 needs I think its a 400watt. min. I will go check and edit this post if its not. (get yourself a 500 though

Crap I missed that little quote, sorry my bad but yeah that's a cheapy. Uninstall your video card drivers use a driver cleaner after and then reinstall the latest drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom