Installing windows XP error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryokujin

Beta member
alright so i had windows vista on my computer it ran like crap because my computer sux...anyway i tried to install windows XP and everytime it goes to the blue screen where it starts to install all the drivers and stuff from the cd then it gets to windows setting up or something (you know the part where i have to accept the user agreement then i can format a hardrive,but it doesnt get here.) it goes to a different blue screen where it says

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHDISK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical Information
0X0000007B and more nubers and letter if this matters to someone ask me but its quite long

anyway i did what it said ran chkdsk and ran virus scanner and nothing worked.....so i had my friend format my hardrive using his com.so i figured if there is a prob.then it should be gone because the HDD is wiped.but it still gives me the error message. so does anyone have any answers for this....anything would help ive tried almost everything!!!

Download/run Memtest86 and run it overnight. This will check to see whether your RAM is bad or not. I've encountered a few installations where the RAM wouldn't let me continue XP installation. Also make sure the disc isn't scratched or anything. If possible, borrow somebody else's disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom