Installing graphics card problem, please help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Right i got a new pc, all working fine but the gpu that was in it was not as good as my old one(which was working perfectly) so i installed my old card into the system and thats where the problems started.

First boot up with the old card and the windows loading screen had blue lines running from top to bottom all the way accross the screen, but when the desktop came on that was normal, no visual problems at all, and i got the "windows dectected new hardware" message and it says the name of my gpu.

So thats good i thought, went to install the display driver so i could adjust the screen resolution and when it gets to halfway installing the pc restarts automatically and when its back on the desktop it says "your pc recovered from a serious problem" it does tell you more aswell but i forget what it said.

Anyone know what the problem might be here? im sure the card is seated ok, and the fact im on the desktop with no visual problems tells me that i havent damaged the gpu?

Ive sorted it now, i just took the card back out and reseated it, and everything is ok now.
Amazing how such a small error can cause an afternoon of nightmares.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Installing graphics card problem, please help!

Issue resolved. Thread Closed.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread