Installing 2nd Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallaceno1

Baseband Member
Don't know if anyone can help me, but I am having a problem hooking up two monitors to my computer.

I have a PNY Nvidia GeForce FX5700VE graphics/video card installed. Unless I am somehow wrong, it should be able to run two monitors. It has a VGA port, a DVI port and a S-Video port. If I hook each monitor up separately (one without the other), they both work fine. If I hook up one using the VGA ports and the other using the DVI ports, one works and the other does not....same problem if I hook them up the opposite way.

As of now, I have my #1 monitor using VGA and it is fine. I have my #2 monitor using DVI and in a small window it reads "self diagnostics - analog - no signal - check signal cable". I bought a new DVI cable and get the same results. I also checked my cable connections about 6 times. In my Display Properties, I show my #1 monitor on the right side of the screen (as I view it) and my #2 on the left side. I clicked the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor", but do not know if it worked. I assume so.
My #1 monitor shows up as my Display Monitor. My #2 monitor shows up as my Default (Secondary) Monitor.

I have checked everything in "Troubleshooting" to no avail, but must be doing something wrong.....unless that card is not capable of running two monitors (but I think it can). Any ideas? Sure would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Still cannot get it. Everything I tried just screwed it up more....such as a screen with just my background and everything else off somewhere to the left where I could not see it. 2nd monitor still said the same about the cable connection. Ended up pulling the cable off the 2nd monitor. Don't know what to do and am tired of messing things up more.

Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced...

You might have to enable a second monitor to output, but i forget what category it is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom