Installed new mobo/cpu/ram but pc wont start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
As title guys, i got an Abit am2 mobo some new DRR2 800mhz ram and a 5600 X2(2.8ghz) processor, got my old mobo out etc and put the new gear in and when i turned the pc on my moniter just stayed black and the light was orange instead of the normal blue when its working, as if it wasnt getting a signal or something.
What is the most likely issue here? im 100% sure that everything was connected right, this was the first time ive installed a processor and new mobo but i know how to fit things so i dont think theres a problem there.
Any ideas?

As title guys, i got an Abit am2 mobo some new DRR2 800mhz ram and a 5600 X2(2.8ghz) processor, got my old mobo out etc and put the new gear in and when i turned the pc on my moniter just stayed black and the light was orange instead of the normal blue when its working, as if it wasnt getting a signal or something.
What is the most likely issue here? im 100% sure that everything was connected right, this was the first time ive installed a processor and new mobo but i know how to fit things so i dont think theres a problem there.
Any ideas?

reinstall your cpu and heatsink. Don't forget the thermal paste. U R getting power to the mb right....fans turning, lights on?

remove ure graphics card and clean the contancts then re-install. might work or might not

nu2duo yep fans/LED's and lights on the mobo itself all come on.
khan008 i dout its that as the mobo is brand new out of the box, plus i just put my old mobo back in and my gpu and it works fine so its nothing to do with the contacts on the actual card either.

It said in the instructions something about i might need to reset the jumper thingy if its not powering up properly but ive done that to no avail either

check your power supply and also make sure the power connector thats suppose to go from your power supply to ur vid card is connected correctly and going directly to your video card.

Did you plug in the 4 pin CPU power connector? 4pin + the 24 ATX pin power connector to the motherboard. Sounds like it's not posting because the CPU doesn't have any power.

Also how's the PSU? Does it work on the other system perfectly? Have you tested those two plugs with a voltage meter?

What's the exact model of the motherboard?

what ram? some ram that requires 2.1v to operate doesn't even post at the stock 1.8v, so you have to stick slower ram in, set the volts, shutdown and swap the ram, then boot.

You can see my specs, ive just added a Abit (kn9s), the am2 5600 X2 processor and the ram is Twinmos pc 6400, id never heard of that before but i know its not the problem because ive tried different ram.
I plugged everything in correctly too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom