Installed new graphics card, now windows wont start

Well its not plugged in so how could it? I cant plug the monitor cable anywhere besides the gpu

Did i misunderstand something?

Well its not plugged in so how could it? I cant plug the monitor cable anywhere besides the gpu

Did i misunderstand something?

What cable do you use to plug into the GPU?
You should be able to plug directly into the motherboard instead of the GPU if your mobo offers it.
Example: I am currently using VGA to plug in to the GPU and my mobo also offers VGA and HDMI in case I decide to remove my GPU and just use the intergrated graphics card.

I dont have such option in my mobo unfortunately.

I went back to the store today and got a refund for my gpu, so i bought a new mobo and a cheap cpu so im going to put those in, reinstall windows and see what happens.

Last edited:
Okay. So, the problem clearly was in my old mobo as I thought. I just installed a new mobo and gpu, reinstalled Windows and everything works.

So you can lock this thread or whatever.

Last edited:
I guess. When the mouse and keyboard didn't work, it was a pretty clear sign that something was up with the mobo. Whatever happened to the mobo during installation still remains a mystery though. I guess I accidentally bumped a component or scratched the circuits with a screwdriver or something. Could be anything.

I guess. When the mouse and keyboard didn't work, it was a pretty clear sign that something was up with the mobo. Whatever happened to the mobo during installation still remains a mystery though. I guess I accidentally bumped a component or scratched the circuits with a screwdriver or something. Could be anything.

Atleast your up and running again! GJ

Back
Top Bottom