Installed CD-Rom, now DVD-RW not recognized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
I have a LG GSA-4166B (DVD-RW drive), and a Memorex 48MAX 244816AJ (CD/DVD-ROM). I had the LG installed, working fine. I wanted to back up some DVDs, so I installed the Memorex drive, and set the jumpers correctly. (LG on Master, Memorex on Slave) I went to boot up and now I had a working CD/DVD-Rom, and a non recognized DVD-RW. It's recognized as a GWA-4566B, no reason why it should be recognized as that. I checked the BIOS and it is recognized in the BIOS correctly, but when I boot up I get a glimpse at the post screen, and I see a lot of '$' signs, that I have never seen before. It is in the area where my optical drives are shown, but it's too quick for me to see what the signs are by.

Update : Got the 'pause/break' to work so I could get a longer look at it. In the post screen where it says the IDE drives, the drive is recognized as a GSE-4166F $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 1.06 $ $ $

In the BIOS, it displays the model and version correctly?

I don't know why the drive is being incorrectly recognized... but you could still backup those dvd's with just the LG drive. You don't need two drives to backup / copy / burn a dvd to another dvd drive. The software will just temporarily burn the data to a temp folder, once burned it will ask you to put in the other disk and you're ready to go.

I don't know why the drive is being incorrectly recognized... but you could still backup those dvd's with just the LG drive. You don't need two drives to backup / copy / burn a dvd to another dvd drive. The software will just temporarily burn the data to a temp folder, once burned it will ask you to put in the other disk and you're ready to go.

Yeah, I just wanted to get it done quicker. That way I didn't have to copy the DVD, then put another DVD in, and burn it. Looks like that's the way I'll be doing it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom