Installed all new components, HDD is now acting up on booting, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, that's not what I am saying.
I was just venting really.

and also reminding you that newegg is not always accurate with product information. in case that's where you got the lifetime warranty from.

for example, creative offer 1 year warranty on nearly all of their sounds cards. however, look at the reviews for this card, see how many reviewers mention 5 year warranty? I e-mailed in to newegg webmaster to notify them of this error. I feel sorry for people buying the sound card thinking it has 5 year warranty.

if you have proof of your card carrying lifetime warranty, by all means, fight for it.
file a compliant with the BBB, or take them to small claims court.
I do not have proof, zotac removed the warranty information from their global website.

Just the link to my graphics card on newegg is all i got because if u actually look up the card, it is deactivated but still says 'Warranty: Lifetime limited'.

I have a question. A few AMD FX-8150 pins were bent when i dropped it but i bent them back ever so slightly just so i can put it back into the mobo socket. With these pins ever so slightly bent have cause any problems for me such as my mobo's EFI BIOS freezing on me sometimes?

An error comes up saying 'CPU Fan error!'. I tried changing fans n i think that did the trick for that problem. Already talked to customer service about my problem n i already reset CMOS but that didnt do too much good so far. I was suggested to try taking out my CPU n putting it back in, havent done that yet.

@ Wildside, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

I've straightened out pins and had no problems, but I guess anythings possible. However bent pins will usually void your warranty, but on a good day someone may let them slide through.

The CPU Fan error means you don't have the fan plugged into the correct power header. The CPU Power Header should be labeled CPU and it should be located near the socket. Your mobo manual should should you which one to use.

@ Wildside, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

I've straightened out pins and had no problems, but I guess anythings possible. However bent pins will usually void your warranty, but on a good day someone may let them slide through.

The CPU Fan error means you don't have the fan plugged into the correct power header. The CPU Power Header should be labeled CPU and it should be located near the socket. Your mobo manual should should you which one to use.

Sry about that.

Found out that the mobo wont even turn on correctly anymore. I was just about to updated BIOS n hopefully fix the problem but then BIOS froze again n this time didnt even want to display thru my graphics card. I just upplugged and put away the mobo. Going back to Frys at 8am to complain n exchange swiftly with a brand new one. Stupid BIOS!

Oh yeah, my HDD is backed up, got an updated version of GPartedLive to clear the HDD for reinstallation for tomorrow.

Just a quick update to end this problem ive been having.

I replacd my mobo, used my friends AMD Phenom II x6 1090T in the new mobo, updated BIOS, n replaced it with my new AMD FX-8150. Everything is working as well as it should be.

Problem solved :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom