Inspiron 640m laptop output to TV with no color?
I bought Dell laptop inspiron 640m last 2 weeks.
the spec is like this:
Intel® CoreTM Duo Processor T2300E (1.66GHz/667MHz FSB/2MB Cache)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
14.1" Widescreen TFT Active Matrix WXGA (1280 x 800) display.
Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 950 Graphics
Kingstion DDR-2 512MB RAM memory
* IEEE 1394 integrated port (1394 cable and software sold separately)
* 4 USB 2.0 (Universal Serial Bus) compliant 4-pin connectors
* RJ45 Ethernet port
* RJ11 Modem port
* Video: 15-pin monitor connector
* S-Video: 7-pin mini-DIN connector
* 5-in-1 removable memory card reader
* Audio jacks: Stereo headphones/speakers miniconnector (same as line-out), microphone miniconnector
* Express Card Connectors: One ExpressCard slot 54mm 1.5 V and 3.3 V. Please note that this model does not support the older PCMCIA Interface.
my problem is when i connect SVIDEO to RCA(yellow) converter to TV, the screen show out with non-color (black and white).
the step i had done as following :
1) I try to use 7-pin S-video to RCA converter first, the screen show nothing. fail
2)I try to use ATI 8-pin S-video to RCA converter, the screen show nothing too, fail.
3)I try to use Nvidia 4-pin S-video to RCA converter, the screen show out, yeah~, i thought i am success, then i try to tune the TV color, from PAL, NTSC 3.53, NTSC 4.43. But nothing to change, the screen show out with no color too.
I had done this 3 step. So disappointed. I heard my friend said he is using 9-pin S-video to RCA connector, success to view on TV perfectly. And he said this cable donno take from which graphic card. In my opinion, i dont think this cable is available at market. So any comment. Help!