Incredibly Laggy + Crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I flashed a new overclock to my GPU bios and now my computer starts up, and seemingly works fine until around 5 minutes in, when you click the computer freezes, stutters then restarts... wtf?

I don't think this is GPU related since the actual system is crashing, I reset the bios to the original clocks and it still does that... I reset CMOS, I'm about to try reseating the graphics card and using only 1 stick of ram

Seems like you screwed up your video card.

y... I don't notice any graphical errors or anything... how can a stuttering/crashing computer be related to a GPU?

I'd say my CPU is dieng for some reason, or my ram is failing

oh and norcent, I meant I flashed new speeds to my GPU not the GPU Bios :p there isn't anything like that

Well, considering you said it started after you flashed the GPU BIOS...

If you have hardware that is failing/not working properly it will crash your PC, it doesn't matter what hardware it is.

Even a screwed up soundcard can crash your PC.

Well, considering you said it started after you flashed the GPU BIOS...

If you have hardware that is failing/not working properly it will crash your PC, it doesn't matter what hardware it is.

Even a screwed up soundcard can crash your PC.

generally in those cases, won't the computer not even startup/post?

yeah I had tried that, but now it works...

I uninstalled video drivers in safe mode, rebooted into normal mode and it worked... albeit without my videocard...

then I reinstalled drivers, rebooted, it didn't work...

I though I had facked up my card (250!!!!)

so I tried flashing stock clocks again, and now it works fine with normal performance, now I'm going to try overclocking it again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom