Increase in Mobo temps - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2006, 05:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie

did you install any additional hardware or move anything in the case that may be inhibiting airflow to the chipset? NF4 chipsets do run fairly hot.

Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default mobo temp

No new hardware.

Case is super organized, the only thing infront ofg the Nbridge is airflow!

I understand that the chip does get hot and that I am in no way at a critical temp.

BUT, For the first 3-4 weeks it was always lower than my CPU and never as high as it is now.

If some one told me they run cool for the first 3-4 weeks then get hotter I'd let it rest.

However after all the searches and different forums I have read many many people with similar setups an the same mobo have much cooler system temps.

Thanks for reply

Old 04-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Mobo temps

I came home today and opened my case first thing to look around and I touched the chip fan and it was hot! trhis is while the system is off and has been off all day.

I called ASUS and they said they have been having problems with this ship fan (which is supposed to be an improved one from the higher RPM noiseier one in earlier A8N-E mobos.

So they are sending me a new one!

I hope it works.

woa, err did you put it on thin or thick? suppose to be thin as you can.... sometimes it takes a while to spread out, try putting a _little_(like single finger) pressure on the cooler to maybe push it around to get out any extra. Did it have any thermal paste on the cooler to begin with?
I just noticed this post, I never knew it was there.
I was wondering about thickness? I may have put a bit much on there?
There was very little past to begin with.

There was also a small rubber pad that was around the chip I suppose to help the fan base seat evenly?

thanks again.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

errrr !!!!! it was hot??? I think someones using your pc when your not at home. When its thicker then it'll take longer to spread out and leave a good contact area. I've never seen any rubber pad type thing before, so your guess is as good as mine.

Ohh have your temps changed any at all?

Closed Thread