Inconsisten processor speed in system display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naeco

Beta member
Sort of an odd problem but I think it's effecting my graphics output.

I just recently had a new hard drive installed in my machine and now when I open System Properties the processor speed varies. It's supposed to be 2.40GHz and this is what the BIOS shows correctly. However, when I view the system properties General panel the number changes almost every time I bring it up.

So far it has ranged from only 986MHz to 1.80GHz back up to 2.40GHz
Since the BIOS consistently shows 2.4GHz I initially thought this was a non-issue. But it appears that certain applications are running slower than they were before we replaced the hard drive as if the speed is fluctuating in real time. I don't see how a new HD would effect the processor speed so much or at all.

Anyone encountered this before, have any ideas? Thanks!

Hey do I look like I have time to check stickies on every brand new forum I visit?

Besides, the explanation he linked me too is on an entirely different forum (building, buying, upgrading, etc).

BUT, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Hey do I look like I have time to check stickies on every brand new forum I visit?

Besides, the explanation he linked me too is on an entirely different forum (building, buying, upgrading, etc).

BUT, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

yes, it is customary that a new member read the stickies. They are STICKIED for a reason...

yes, it is customary that a new member read the stickies. They are STICKIED for a reason...

^^ pretty much, its there so you don't look like an idiot when you could have just read a sticky

also thats a terrible excuse because my guide is in the Hardware Sticky Index which is a sticky in the whole hardware zone

^^ pretty much, its there so you don't look like an idiot when you could have just read a sticky

also thats a terrible excuse because my guide is in the Hardware Sticky Index which is a sticky in the whole hardware zone

yepp.. I sometimes feel like a retard when I dont read them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom