im new have stop error problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoebox1.1

Solid State Member
hi to all and thanks in advance.... my home computer crashed suddenly the other day and has this blue screen of death with error message stop : 0x0000007e (0xc605, 0x00001496,0xf8994730,0xf8994430). heres the deal...... ive been through some bad computer crashes before and saved this thing but this ones got me. i cant get into safe mode. i cant reload windows cause i cant find my disk. i dont have a floppy rescue. (i know... i should back stuff up!! agh!!!) i have hijackthis on this hard drive if i could get "into" it i could fix it. i did get access to the a: drive via a ms dos boot disk i made. (im doing all this repair and talking with you on an old xp hard drive). so in summary, ive got the blue screen, cant get past it, cant reload, dont have disks BUT i do have a working good Hard drive to get files off of. another thing is i tried to put these drives in series to transfer anything but it didnt recognize the problem one. i guess the problem one could be dead. all this started after i updated direct x 9.0 drivers i think..... which jives with the "driver connotations" of this error code. thanks for any help you can give me. some kind of ms dos based command i could try? ive forgotten all my ms dos lingo over the years.... lol thanks gus

ive been there before.... i did download a bios upgrade but im scared to flash it.... risky buisness. id rather not reflash the board. what can i do from A:\ ? what could i copy from my good working drive and boot from A:\ with? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom