I'm having a graphics mix-up! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2007, 05:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default I'm having a graphics mix-up!

Hi there!

I have recently bought a new PC and as soon as I got it I found it needed a new graphics card. It was currently using the onboard geForce 6100 which is not so powerful as we all should know.

I went out and bought a 7600 GS and fitted it then booted the PC up. Immediately it was using the drivers the 6100 was using? Is this normal? It runs fine though but I have no access to the advanced geForce configuration in 'Display Settings'. Also, it is still sharing part of the system memory and cannot locate anything about this in the BIOS.

When it came to installing drivers off the disc that came with the card, I was presented with a box that said something about me not having vista 32-bit , installation will now terminate.
The exact same thing happened when I tried installing the 64-bit drivers. I have Vista 32-bit and have checked it 100%. I then uninstalled the display drivers and tried again.
This time it said it could not find any compatible hardware so I am left wondering if I will ever get any drivers that would best suit my card.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: I'm having a graphics mix-up!

Download these:
ForceWare Release 162

If the system hasn't already, disable the onboard video.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: I'm having a graphics mix-up!

Thanks. These ones seem to have installed alright
Closed Thread