Im ******!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
On my Dell Deminsion 2400 i took out the P4 2.40 nad tried a P4 2.66, at first it did not go in but i straightned some prongs and it went in. i but the heaksink back on but i did not book up, i gave up and put my P4 2.40 back on, its not booting up. This is a hugh problem. It makes noise the fan runs but then it just stays at a stady hum and the screen never picks up anything. I need help and if worst comes to worst i need info on a new board i guess?Someone please help!!!

wow that sucks...if resetting the bios dont work, switch the ram around, do a bare boot(no cd, hdd, just basics, like cpu, one stick of ram, and no video card unless the mobo dosent have onboard)

this is like dejavu to me, and my hp, when it died, i went to a 366celeron system, was too slow, so i put the 1.0ghz p3 in it, and it killed that too. if worst comes to worst, ur lucky that it isnt a newer dell model, and common stuff can fit into it.

gigabyte 939 mobo - 79.99

amd A64 3800+ - 99.99

Patriot 1GB (2*512mb) ddr kit - 99.99

CM 450W ps - 75.99

i would suggest some stuff for a c2d, but i be knowin nuttin about the c2d mobo's

dell is coming to replace the board and psu, will they kno i did nehting? and will they put a new chip in if necessary

1. Dell will know if you replaced the CPU depending on how you replaced it, and if any pins were bent on the processor.

2. They will put in a new chip, if you have the $.

yea but i have the warrenty like when i steped on my cd drive they replaced it free, so will they replace something like the cpu??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom