IDE trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have an IDE cable with 2 plugs? if so put the HDD at the end plug and set the HDD to master and optical to slave. It might slow down your HDD though, you might be better off buying an SATA HDD

IDE_cable2.jpg

here's an IDE cable, the bottom plug goes to mobo, and the top two go to hdd and dvd, hdd at the end

alright well the way my case is set up, there is no way to connect the end to the hdd and the middle to the optical drive. The only way of connecting both is if the optical drive is connected to the end and the hdd is connected to the middle one. So is there anyway to switch the roles of the end and middle connectors from slave and master? If not I guess ill just buy a SATA optical drive... Thanks

you can put the optical drive on the end it's just not something a "textbook technician" would do. supposedly there are issues that can arise from having them the other way around but i have never encountered any. in fact if i remember correctly i currently have mine backwards on my home pc (not at home right now). the only issue you would realistically have was if you were trying to use the cable select feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom