IDE RAID and SATA RAID togather

Status
Not open for further replies.

abadjay

Solid State Member
Hey guys. today is my first day on the forums. i haven't had time to set up all the fancy stuff yet because i have to bounce to work soon so im going right to the question thats been buggin me for the past week!

i have a gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal (GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver - GA-8I955X Royal)
motherboard that supports IDE and SATA RAID. currently i have two 160GB SATA drives in a raid-0 on the "Intel 8280 1gh/gh" controller. that holds pretty much everything.

what i want to do is add an IDE RAID array with two 30GB in a RAID-0 (I have a bunch of IDE drives laying around and i figured i would get some use out of them) then Im going to installed UBUNTU on it to play around. oh and the controller is an "ITE IT8212"

anyways to my question, I disconnected my SATA drives temp so i wouldn't accidentally wipe them when i format my new raid (you know, fat finger it) then i connected my IDE drives. i entered my RAID config, setup the array and everything looked dandy. i reconnected my ops system drives, booted up into XP and my new array was not present. after the usual troubleshooting (IE: updated drivers, device manager, uninstall/reinstall, rebuild array, disk managment, even read the MB MANUAL) i still cannot get it to show up at all anywhere.

now heres the kicker, (while my SATA raid is unplugged so avoid fat fingering anything) i can install XP to my new IDE RAID perfectly... so i know the controllers are not bad and my drivers are good.

the only thing i can think of is you cant use the SATA and IDE raid at the same time. but i never read anything about it in the manual.

ANY IDEAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom