ide cable issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

akarsh2

Solid State Member
if i connect the ide cable upside down will it work. also if only the ide or the power cable for the hdd is connected .. will it be detected in the bios screen. also if only the power cable is connected to the floppy and if the boot sequence in bios shows floppy as the first boot.. will the computer boot ... provide hddd is porperly connected...
kindly solve my confusion...

thanx

if i connect the ide cable upside down will it work
only if the connector is upside down where it is connected to the motherboard/controller
also if only the ide or the power cable for the hdd is connected .. will it be detected in the bios screen.
no it should not be, power is required for the drive to register in BIOS therefore with the data cable and NO power it will not be detected. it will not be detected without the data cable either. both are needed.
also if only the power cable is connected to the floppy and if the boot sequence in bios shows floppy as the first boot.. will the computer boot ... provide hddd is porperly connected...
it depends on whether the floppy is detected correctly, if it is then it should detect no bootable disk in the floppy drive and move on to the hdd. if it isn't detected correctly then it may stall unless the pc is set not to halt on "floppy error".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom