I updated my cards drivers, and now my PC won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about the onboard graphics. And about the case opening, should I just pull that open forcefully or what?

The sides should slide out by pulling it back...

But a Windows thing shouldn't be messing up your Hardware...

I think the card has gone loose or something went bad... Open the comp, and try to remove the CMOS Battery (aka the Silver battery [its circular]) and leave it out for a bit then put it back in

ok you know where your graphics card is? take it out there is a clip right under it for you to allow it to come out i think

is there a onboard graphics card allso?

Onboard = integrated you know...

I have a 7300LE and I updated the drivers from the nVidia site just a while ago. When I was in the installation process, a note came up and said that I haven't checked if my card was compatible with XP, but it obviously is. So I restarted my computer and now it's stuck on this black screen with one of those blinking underscores on the top left corner.

Is it loading/updating, or did I mess up my card? Also, on one of the times I restarted it, a beep came out from the actual computer and kept going until I restarted it.

Wait a minute..

Is the black screen immediately when you turn your comp on? Your OP doesn't make it that clear

Or is it right before Windows starts?

If its right before Windows, use KMOTE's way, if its right before you turn your comp on, refer to what I said before

I got it to work. I'm not sure what happened though. I opened the case and looked, but it was way too complicated and I didn't see any circilar battery. So then I closed it all up and went to try the F8 thing, but it just started up.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom