I think something is fried, but don't know what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kierkan

Beta member
I came home from work the other day and went to browse the computer I left on. Everything was running really REALLY slow, and I thought it was strange, so I decided to reset my computer. On the loading screen for Windows XP (and the mobo loading screen at the start) there was this strange, I don't know how to describe except as 'static' or screen 'tearing'. It's white and grey, and is in columns like a checkerboard. On the next screen, it's red, and yellow tearing with numbers and whatnot in the boxes. I had no idea what was going on, and I turned my computer off again. It was unable to reboot, so I unplugged it and waited a few minutes. It wouldn't start, so I held the power button down for 5 seconds, released it, then pressed it quickly again. This is the only way I can turn on my computer now, and the screen tearing still persists.

I hear a beep when my computer starts, so I know it's not the mother board. I think it may be the power supply or the video card, but I'm not sure. That's why I'm here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom