I think my 0x00000124 problem is my graphics card. If so, I must replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
I've had this 0x00000124 error since June of last year. My mobo isnt effected n ive tried sending that in twice. Nothing. I cant seem to fix the problem anymore even if my settings were set to stock n BIOS resetting. It all comes down to my graphics card. I feel i must replace it soon then. If i replace it n it does fix my problem, what should i do with my HD 3870 x2 then? Try sending it in for repair? Sell it on ebay for really cheap? Or trash the thing?

I dont have a job yet, so i cant buy a replacement anytime soon.

***STOP: 0x00000124, this error code is a problem with your memory controller. Either it needs more volts or it just can't handle running your memory at the speed it's set at. It is definitely not your video card. The Memory Controller is built into your cpu so it could be the problem.

Adding less volts to my CPU has helped yes but the problem still persists. Looks like i need to replace my CPU, eh? It's at 1.46v n it still can show it sometimes. Before it usually was at 1.54v.

Have you tried to go back to all default settings and not over clocked at all?

You need to increase the voltage to the memory controller itself. What voltages do you have an option to adjust? Your looking for an option called IMC Voltage or it maybe called the CPU-NB Voltage or it may be called something else. Since I'm not familiar with your board you'll have to tell us what options and settings are available.

Have you tried to go back to all default settings and not over clocked at all?

Yes I have. That definitely works.

You need to increase the voltage to the memory controller itself. What voltages do you have an option to adjust? Your looking for an option called IMC Voltage or it maybe called the CPU-NB Voltage or it may be called something else. Since I'm not familiar with your board you'll have to tell us what options and settings are available.

Through BIOS? I do have an NB voltage setting. Goes from 1.125-1.300v before the numbers start turning red for WARNING. I have it set to 1.175 i believe.

If u guys want to see what my BIOS is, download the manual n check it out urself. Go to page 55 n start from there: MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

This is my current setting. RAM is 5-5-5-18-26, 2.2v.
Mycurrentspeeds.png

I told you a year ago those were unsafe clocks. turn it down to a level where you can pass intel burn test, and hope you haven't caused permanent damage to your cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom